Monday, October 23, 2017

Oh, Man 'O Man 'O Man is This Fun . . .

We had an incredibly beautiful day today to start working on the studio!!  The sun was out all day and there was hardly a stir of a breeze.  In fact it got so warm I had to go put on a short-sleeved t-shirt!!

I think this is what I was meant to do - build houses!!  In the early 1970's I studied architecture for a couple of years until I tried to get into a 4-year school and found out that wayyyy back in those days not too many schools of architecture accepted girls!!

So, I did the next best thing - I bought old fire-upper houses and fixed them up.  But on this house, I actually get to build a building ~


While Kelly was opening up and unloading the two pallets of building parts, I was sweeping off the remainder of the water on our beautiful concrete pad so we could start building!!


Once the supplies were opened up, we started pulling the boards we needed to make the window frames and then we got right down to the fun part!!


As you can see Annie is always around trying to help out.  Her new nickname is Spooky Face because I had her all shaved down because of all the mats (hey, I have never had a low-to-the-ground dog that needed so much maintenance and I did not know that Annie needed to be brushed EVERY day!!).  Those big black eyes were not visible under all her hair!!

Here is what we got accomplished before lunch ~


And then after lunch we almost got the entire first wall completed.  Once I got the hang of the window frames, the second two went much faster!!  So, we really got the time-consuming windows all framed and now tomorrow morning we can finish up with the final boards and then move onto the next step!!




As you can see the sun is going down and we have to say we are thrilled with the amount of work we got done today!!  Kelly is covering up the rest of the shed just incase it might even think about rain!!

Now for some Advil and a bit of hand-stitching tonight.

See you all tomorrow!!

5 comments:

  1. That is great progress, Kris! I am always so impressed with your skills.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was two posts behind, Kris! You are doing an amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You are really making progress! It is so interesting to see how things are coming along! God bless you, my friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad that things are going well for you! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am catching up on your build. Wow sunshine in Bandon!

    ReplyDelete

A Couple of Projects We did Awhile Back . . .

This is the back porch off the kitchen.  If you enlarge the picture (by clicking on it), you can see that the floor of the room is wayyyyy b...